Hard to get more local than this site. About 45 minutes from the store. Good entrance, seperate parking area, lots of fish in the water. One of our favorite spots for training. No facilities onsite but lots within 2 miles.
Commercial dive site. About 3 hours from the store. Good amenities, lots of stuff has been put in the water (helicopter, airplane, sailboat, cars, etc.). Another favorite spot for us.
Corps Of Engineers lake near Beckley, WV. About 2 1/2 hours from store. Really easy entrance that slopes down a roadbed. Lots of fish and a few structures. Easy to deeper dives
- From exit 48 on I-77/I-64 go north on US 19 out of Beckley, WV. approx 35 miles
- Turn left (west) onto Rt 129.
- Go past the Long Poing Overlook
- Cross the dam
- Go to park area on right.
- Take second entrance and follow dirt road down to water.
Approx Latitude: 38.222755 Longitude: -80.896891
Commercial dive facility about 2 1/2 hours from the store. Another site with lots of toys in and above the water. Good amenities including a tram to carry you and your gear to the dive sites.
- Go south from Roanoke on 220. Follow past Martinsville into NC.
- At radio tower 220 and 68 split. Continue on 68 toward Piedmont Triad International Airport.
- Go past airport to I-40 and go east.
- Take I-85 south to exit 103 (High Point NC)
- Turn left at bottom of exit ramp onto Rt 109
- Go to Mount Zion Church Road and turn right.
- Go to end of road and turn Left.
- Entrance to Bluestone Quarry is about 1/4 mile on left.
Fantasy Lake Scuba Park
Commercial dive site with old cars, busses, rock crusher, (fake) graveyard and more in the water. No airfills were available last time we were there. Limited amenities on site
- From Raleigh take 401 North ( Louisburg Road ) to Rolesville.
- Turn right on E. Young Street (turns into Rolesville Road )
- Take E. Young Street past Century Farm Road to Quarry Road (Approx 1 mile.)
- Turn left on Quarry Road . Fantasy Lake Scuba Park is located 1.2 miles on your left