The PADI Self-Reliant Diver Course with ATLANTIC EDGE
Although most scuba dives are made with a buddy, an experienced diver may want or need to make dives without a partner. During the Self-Reliant Diver course, you learn about potential risks of diving alone and the value of equipment redundancy and necessary back-up gear. During three scuba dives, you develop skills for self-reliance and independence, while becoming a stronger partner in a dive pair or team.
Students must meet the following prerequisites:
- Be the Certified Advanced Open Water Diver level (or equivalent)
- Have a minimum of 100 dives logged
- Be at least 18 years old
What is Involved?
The course consists of two parts in one day:
- Knowledge Session prior to the dive at the same location, as your quarry dives.
- Open Water Session at Hyde's quarry This will consist of three dives.
The course is taught during the warmer months of the year (May-October) where we’ll meet at Hyde’s Quarry.
When Can you Start?
Check out or schedule below for dates and times.
The course fee is $349 and includes:
- Knowledge Review
- Open Water Dives
- Certification Card
- Tanks and Weights
- Redundant Air Source (ex. Pony Bottle) w/ own regulator
- Regualtors with guages
- Harness System
Course does not include: (Required equipment student are responsible for supplying):
- Mask, snorkel, fins and bootis
- Depth gauge/timer or computer
- Wetsuit with hoods and gloves (Recommend 7 mm)
- Quarry Entry fees
- DSMB/ Surface signaling device (aka Safety Sausage)
- Cutting tool
(Equipment can be rented from Atlantic Edge at a package rate)
Register for the Self Reliant Course at the same time as Sidemount and recieve a $149 discount.
Self-reliant Diver $349.00